Monday, July 16, 2012

MATT DE FEISS OM BUEDEM! (Happy Feet ..)

Oh how I love shoes, all types of shoes, heels, flats, boots, sandals, espadrilles, oxfords, wedges, ballerinas, platform, wellies ….. You name it, I have the perfect pair. Rumor has it, that I store more shoes in my closet than a centipede has legs. An unsubstantiated rumor, bien sûr..

Gladiator sandals, the coolest alternative to heels in summer, are my go-to warm weather shoes. The options are endless (Balenciaga multi-strap and Givenchy leopard sandals are must haves) but the Guiseppe Zanotti lace ups from 2010 are flat-out favorites. Terribly chic yet comfortable (a feat not easily accomplished) these strappy sandals look equally fabulous paired with a summer dress or skinny jeans (a cross functionality shoe should be on every traveler’s packing list). I like them so much I had to track down a second pair (an almost “mission impossible” two years later). The golden bronze color takes you effortlessly from day to night. To prove the point, I have worn them with an exquisitely embroidered caftan to a wedding in Calcutta and have happily and confidently strolled through Via Veneto in Rome (after all when in Rome do like the Romans do  ...)

I rue the day when, inevitably perhaps, the fashion magazines will declare this Greco-Roman trend passé but I have a feeling I will always have a soft spot in my heart for this style and in my rumored “too large” shoe closet.


Copyright © 2012 TIMELESS PIECES,LLC. All rights reserved














No comments:

Post a Comment